greenDAO is an open source Android ORM making development for SQLite databases fun again. It relieves developers from dealing with low-level database requirements while saving development time. SQLite is an awesome embedded relational database. Still, writing SQL and parsing query results are quite tedious and time-consuming tasks. greenDAO frees you from these by mapping Java objects to database tables (called ORM, “object/relational mapping”). This way you can store, update, delete, and query for Java objects using a simple object oriented API.
greenDAO’s Features at a glance
- Maximum performance (probably the fastest ORM for Android); our benchmarks are open sourced too
- Easy to use powerful APIs covering relations and joins
- Minimal memory consumption
- Small library size (<100KB) to keep your build times low and to avoid the 65k method limit
- Database encryption: greenDAO supports SQLCipher to keep your user’s data safe
- Strong community: More than 5.000 GitHub stars show there is a strong and active community
You want to learn more about greenDAO features like active entities, protocol buffers support, or eager loading? Then have a look at our full feature list.
How to get started with greenDAO, Documentation
Who is using greenDAO?
Many top Android apps rely on greenDAO. Several of those apps have over 10 million installs. We think, this shows industry proven reliability. Have a look at current statistics for yourself at AppBrain.
Is greenDAO really that fast? Is it the fastest Android ORM?
We believe it is. We’re no marketers, we’re developers. We’re regularly doing benchmarks to optimize performance, because we believe performance matters. We want to provide the fastest Android ORM. While there are things that make us proud, we’re no particular fans of marketing speech. All our benchmarks are open source for maximum transparency while trying to meet high standards. Check the latest benchmark results out yourself and draw your own conclusions.
34 19 7